Sunday, October 7, 2012



Who Knew???

One thing I’ve discovered in my pursuit of good health is the joy of cooking. Who knew? My wife, Cindy, is an excellent cook. She has been doing it for a very long time and is a bit tired of it. She also has just started a writing program that demands her time and attention, So, I volunteered to take over some of the cooking duties. I was a bit daunted at first, partly because she is so good at it and my previous attempts have been, shall we say, a bit challenged. Also, I tend to be a wee bit compulsive in following directions for things outside of my ken. Much to my surprise, I’ve discovered I love it, all of it, from the planning to the shopping, prep work, the creativity and problem solving, and the actual cooking. It is a very sensual experience and if approached as both challenging and fun, it provides much pleasure, even joy. I’m sure I’ll write more about this but right now I’ve got to go finish the Hamburger-Vegetable soup I’m making for dinner (and leftovers, another timesaver!) I strongly encourage those of you who haven’t done much cooking to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment